✅ Baseline. Prior to September, 2021, SECU had an uninterrupted 85-year record of growth in assets and membership, un-besmirched by sanction or scandal.
✅ Timeline. 🔺September, 2021 - "New/New" arrives at SECU. 🔺2022 - Chaos Ensues. 🔺October, 2022 - Annual meeting resolution
🔺November/December, 2022, - Fireside Chats [video link] - The SECU Board conducts a series of meetings with Member Advisory Board chairs to respond to the annual meeting resolution questions. Highly edited summary videos were published.
👎The Fireside Chats were the first indication that the SECU Board did not intend to respond to the membership in good faith - with facts and open dialogue:
- Member attendance at the meetings was tightly limited.
- Remote/Zoom participation was not permitted.
- Questions concerning the issues from participants were required to be submitted in advance.
- The questions submitted by participants were not published (prior, nor after).
- Directly challenging questions from participants submitted in advance were not addressed.
- Open dialogue and discussion during the meetings was not permitted.
- Scripted vignettes by Board members were strong on "me" and weak on "members".
- An attitude of "if we say so" that should be a sufficient explanation prevailed.
The Fireside Chats were a staged hoax - faux transparency - designed to hoodwink the membership with "non-answer answers". An insincere and insulting caricature of the truth...
... "this Board" knew what was best for 2.7 million members and had openly declared it was answerable to no one!
... but let's proceed with how Chris Ayers won the Oscar in the "Non-answer answers" category. Up next!