😎 Got a wide response on the Wolfpacker post [see post here - 9/13] on the loss of an old friend and die-hard SECU supporter... and a subsequent safe deposit box snafu experienced by the family.
Well, you know how the folks "Downeast" are - don't like to be left out... here's a "me, too":
☠ "Just read your latest blog. I, too, have attempted to close out my safe deposit box three, count ‘em
3 times and left the branch in frustration. There is either no one
there who knows how, or they only have 2 keys, or someone is at lunch and unavailable.
I do not even recognize my old branch. Looks like everybody I knew left and from what I hear I cannot say that I blame them. Needless to say, I am heartbroken over it. That blog prompted this and I just had to get it off my chest."
✅ Apparently, one elephant in the room which has not been addressed by the SECU Board - nor the CEO - is the quality of service members are now receiving at the "new/new" SECU. Might be time for the Board to take a breather from those "We Are" vanity vids and get back to work on monitoring the actual performance of SECU.
Time for another one of those "All Members/All Employees" CEO memos? Here are some questions:
- Are the call center wait times, as often mentioned, too long? If so, what's being done?
- Are you stripping folks out of the branches to work calls? Hasn't this led to long lines and a decline in branch service levels?
- Have too many long term employees left due to the internal disruptions, leaving SECU with a large number of new, untrained staff?
- Has specialization and centralization crippled the unity and member service flexibility at the branches?
- Is collection centralization continuing to cause loan losses to soar?
- The number of SECU employees (f/t, p/t) has increased by 1000+ - up by almost 20% - over last 2 years. If they are not in the branches, where are they, what are they doing for the members?
- Have you considered that deposits may be leaving for reasons - like service quality - other than those low rates?
... even the pirates are now complaining about SECU?